Thursday, October 10, 2013

Being a Columnist is my dream! How often in life do people get their dreams to come true? Wow, I'm excited to be a Columnist on MSnewsChannel.com


Wow, I am  excited to be a Columnist on MSnewsChannel.com

I love to write and I have sooo much experience with MS I believe I can share with people. Every time I go to the hospital I talk to the Dr.'s and the Nurse's and I teach them things they did not know about the disease.  I have two daughters, my youngest is 16, my oldest is 24 and went to Stanford University and I told her you were encouraging me to write a column Stan. My daughter was so happy, she said I am a great writer.

I have had several poems published and one is in

a book when it was Poetry.com I wrote and won a contest for poems for MS with Montel Williams long time ago.

I would be awake all night long so I would go to my computer and write about my pain, and make it not so hard to live with even when I felt like I was all curled up in pain. My writting made it better.  I know I could help, even give hope maybe bring some type of emotional healing to people with my writings I just never knew how or what avenue I needed to use or get access to to complete this task.

Being a Columnist is my dream, how often in life do people get their dreams to come true?

I'm also dreaming to take my 16 year old to Disneyland, she is Autistic since she was 5 years old she was diagnosed with Mental Health disorders and I have not only had my challenges but hers as well. My daughter has a sweet loving spirit, she is in Special Education and always has

been...she is not very social. I don't know if my illness has anything to do with it because I have always been sick and not able to take her out in the heat in the summer, and being pretty much in pain all the time I went from a Social Butterfly to a Homebody. My daughter is like a hermit don't like people interactions. She always talks about her dreams, someday.... maybe we will go to Disneyland.  I was 16 years old and I was involved in a car accident that left me in a coma for 3 weeks, I broke my nose, fractured my skull and had 3 blood clots in my brain. The Dr. told my parents if I lived I would be a vegetible but little did he know how much of a fighter I was!

 Four months later I went to State Nationals and placed first runner up in talent and second in beauty in the Royalty Miss Beauty Pageants in Sacramento, Ca.

Yes lots of physical and occupational therapy, dance practice! Before the accident I was a Semifinalist in the Teen Magazine Great Model Search, 1985. Later that year I was at a preliminary pageant for Ms. California and a man told me that I would have won the Teen Magazine Great Model Search contest, but because of the accident I was disqualified. What a book?????

I am just so glad to have lived through all those wonderful experiences and come out so well after the accident.  Life is a lesson, every thing is a lesson and a blessing just the way you look at it.

Thank you so much!

Blessings. Cheri Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment